Heat Pump City of the Year
The Heat Pump City of the Year Award is an EHPA project which awards the most efficient, smart and sustainable heat pump project at local level.
This year’s award will be handed to the successful winner city during HP Forum 2019.
The HPCY Award project was launched in 2011 to put the spotlight on cities and regions who have put in place an energy efficient project including a heat pump. The international appeal of the award has grown year after year, so that it now attracts participants from all over Europe.
The project aims to:
- Collect best practice examples of heat pumps in urban areas to present to EU authorities
- Create role models for those who still hesitate to change
- Raise people’s awareness on the potential of heat pumps
The competition is calling for smart heat pump examples from the whole chain of applications: single residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Furthermore, another important element is the level of integration in thermal grids and with other renewable technologies.
This year in order to give more importance to each one of the applications that we will receive we decided to add 3 special categories to the main awards.
- DecarbIndustry – Smart use of waste heat, reduction of CO2 of the industrial process, cost reduction (both on energy and final product) evap/cond temperature lift reached.
- DecarBuilding (residential and commercial) – RES integration, CO2 reductions, sCOP level, easy installation.
- Next Generation Heat Pump – High level of innovation, integration with other RES technologies (towards 100% renewable), cost reduction potential (installation – unit – heating/cooling).
More information can be found: hpcy.ehpa.org